Monday, July 20, 2009

Forever Plaid

The latest show in the Mount Washington Valley Theatre Company's (say THAT three times fast...) repertoire for their 39th season opened tonight...And I was in it!!

The other performers did very well, I thought. There weren't any dropped lines that I can recall that weren't my fault or else covered adequately. The sound was, as I take it, good and clear. Nobody complained - well, that I happened to ask - that we couldn't be heard.

I had a hard time gauging the audience's enjoyment of the show, but I assume that, because of the laughter from the crowd and the applause afterward, they liked us. I thought that we sounded good. Our blend was pretty good and our diction was also pretty good. Not perfect, but pretty good. The soloists were excellent, barring my last solo for the evening. I'm not kidding; it sounded horrid. It was too high for me and I had to belt out all those high notes right at the end and I think the audience heard my strain. See? Horrible!

My bass solo - Sixteen Tons - was pretty damn good, if I do say so myself. Not to inflate my ego, but I enjoyed singing it and they liked hearing it. Maybe I should stick to the low notes and leave the high shit for the tenors.

Despite the fact that this show has a small number - comparatively - of performances and those dates are somewhat scattered, I think this show will do well. Especially since we have another week to play around with it and make it better.

So, if any of you are in the area on a monday in the next month, check and see if we're playing and come and see us perform! It'll be great!
-S.

No comments:

Post a Comment